Step 1: Understand the process
Benefitsquad has partnered with the Zoom webconference app. The Zoom app will download automatically when you start or join your first class, and is also available for manual download here. https://zoom.us/download
The instructor uses the Zoom webconference app (by entering the Meetup ID into Zoom or by simply clicking the link on benefitsquad.com website), since the Zoom app gives the instructor more control over the video experience.
The students use the Benefitsquad mobile app, which has a more limited controls, available for download here. http://benefitsquad.com/download/
Step 2: Watch the below video
Step 3: Switch to Gallery View
When the Zoom app opens, switch to Gallery View so that you can see all the students in a grid view.
Click Gallery View in the upper right corner of your Zoom window to enter Gallery View.
This will change your screen to gallery view as below.
Step 4: Other Tips
- Lighting. Adding lighting to illuminate your face and remove shadows on your face. Removing light sources from the background.
- Equipment. Here are some equipment tips.
- A laptop with webcam, or a desktop with webcam, ideally Apple products which have the best cameras
- If you plan to use music in the background, a standing microphone will help the audio. ~$30 condenser microphone (click for Amazon example) set on the floor or tabletop. Set the condenser mic close on the floor close to you and close to your music speaker (music speaker should be a few inches away from the mic, at a medium volume). Audio and your clarity of your voice is important for an awesome user experience.
- If you do not plan to use music, a ~$20 bluetooth earpiece can help pick up your voice audio only.
- If you have a flatscreen TV and lots of students, we also recommend connecting your computer to the TV for a larger screen.
- Mute Your Participants. Selectively mute your participants. Any participants who speaks or makes noise will be popup on the screen. Encourage your participants to mute themselves if they expect background noise on their side.
- Practice. Practice with your friends and family to perfect your delivery. Create a demo class for $1 and invite some friends to join the class. Have fun and watch the recording!
- Earning $. 85% of all ticket sales will be sent to you via Paypal. By default, we will send the payment to the email in your account. If you would like to use a different email, just let us know at email@example.com.